Customs and Courtesies
- Photography for personal use is permitted inside the Big House and on the grounds. Video photography is not allowed.
- Visitors must remain with their tour guide for the entire tour.
- Baby strollers are allowed in the Big House and on the grounds.
- Electronic devices must be turned off and cell phones muted while on tour.
- As a courtesy to fellow visitors, parents of active or restless children are asked to take turns touring the Big House.
- Service animals are permitted throughout the property. Small, leashed animals are permitted in the Big House but ONLY if they are carried by their owners or in carriers.
- Eating, drinking, and chewing gum are prohibited in the Big House and on the grounds. Visitors are permitted to take bottled water with them on the tour. A small picnic area and porches of the Plantation Store are designated for the consumption of food and drink.
- Laura is a smoke-free site. Cigarettes, cigars and pipe smoking are not permitted on-site. Electronic smoking devices are also forbidden.
- Visitors are not permitted to cut or pick flowers, vegetables, or fruits on the plantation grounds. Your tour guide is knowledgeable about the flora on the property and will pick any ripe fruit or other edible for you.